New direct pathway to Australian Citizenship By Conferral for New Zealanders.
We can assist with making an Australian Citizenship application by Conferral but always need to ask the following:
From 1 July 2023
- Long-term New Zealand citizens resident in Australia will have their period of permanent residence backdated for citizenship purposes.
- All New Zealand citizens holding a SCV (Special Category Visa – subclass 444) will be considered permanent residents for citizenship purposes.
- New Zealand citizens granted a SCV before 1 July 2022 will have their period of permanent residence for citizenship purposes backdated to 1 July 2022.
- New Zealand citizens granted a SCV for the first time on or after 1 July 2022 will be considered a permanent resident for citizenship purposes from the date of their SCV grant.
- Provisions will also apply to New Zealand citizens who are overseas, but held an SCV immediately before last leaving Australia.
Do you meet the general residence requirement?
At the time you apply you must have been:
- living in Australia on a valid visa for the past 4 years,
- a permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen for the past 12 months,
- away from Australia for no more than 12 months in total in the past 4 years, including no more than 90 days in total in the past 12 months
Do you know all your overseas travel you have undertaken in the last 10 years?
If you are unsure of any of your overseas travel, part of this application, we can assist in applying for your international movement records.
For further information visit: